WHY WE EXIST
We are an independent, nonprofit organization comprised of business and community leaders committed to improving public education by advocating for an excellent educational opportunity for all students in the Wake County Public School System (WCPSS).
• Every student deserves an excellent public education.
• Public education is fundamental to a strong local economy.
• Well-informed citizens help public schools succeed.
• Well-supported, well-trained professional educators are essential for a high-quality school system.
• Public schools remain relevant by growing and changing with the world.
• Diverse perspectives strengthen community support for education.
• Graduates who are college and workforce ready are essential to a thriving economy.
Supported by passionate and well-trained teachers and principals, every student will graduate with the skills required to succeed in a global economy.
To engage, inform, and mobilize the business community and community-at-large in collaboration with the Wake County Public School System to provide every student with excellent educational opportunities, highly effective teachers, and strong leaders.
• Our community will have both the public and political will to invest boldly in WCPSS by supporting and improving teaching and learning in every school.
• Every school will deliver evidence-based best practices in school culture and classroom instruction.
• Every educator will have access to professional development opportunities which strengthen instructional and leadership skills.